We like to help out in anyway we can with the local community / environment here at Beatyard. If you have an idea how we can help – get in touch here
Some examples so far:
Donating tickets to Laura Lynn House
Carers go free – if you have a carer, & are coming to Beatyard – send us an email and we will arrange for them to get in for free
Collecting money for RNLI lifeboat service at festival
Tickets donated to CBC Monkstown Zambia Immersion Project raffle
Local businesses who put up our poster get tickets to the festival – get in touch here if you are a local business!
A new initiative we’re starting across all of Bodytonic. We go through massive amounts of non-biodegradable waste. We’ve reduced our usage as much as we can, but some of it you just can’t avoid. That’s why when we heard of Ecobricks we knew we HAD to try em’ out – #greentonic anyone?
Our aim is to make and collect as many Ecobricks as possible and build a DJ riser out of them before the beginning of the festival. For each 2L Ecobrick we’ll give you a pint token for the bar – Simples!
HOW TO BUILD AN ECOBRICK :
1) Save dry, clean, non-biodegradable, non-recyclable materials such as foil from tea bags, crisps and sweets, old photos, styrofoam bits, fruit & veg plastic wrappers, wax paper, cling film, plastic tags, packaging stickers and tape
2) Find clean 1.75ml or 2L fizzy drink bottles with a lid
3) Use a stick or the skinny side of a wooden spoon to press the waste into the bottle
4) Fill the bottle tightly to the top with compressed matter (it should feel really robuts)
5) Put the lid back on and pat yourself on the back – you have just built an ecobrick!
DROP IT OFF at The Bernard Shaw and have a gargle on us x